Friday, July 28, 2006

Reduce Medical Errors

This weblog is created to try my best to inform any patient to play a central role in reducing medical errors. If my fellow physicians happen to read this blog and found it useful,feel free to use it. There are many,many areas of potential medical errors that can be prevented,if the patients are more educated and not intimidated to ask their health-care providers any kind of questions before undergoing any medical treatment.

I will use real medical histories to illustrate or highlight the error or potential error. The sources of the stories can be from my experiences or those of my medical colleagues. The patient will be identified by gender and his or her approximate age only. If the story resembles any reader's real medical story,it is coincidental. Only rarely that I will create a story to illustrate the potential medical errors. In this situation,i will tell the readers that it is a created story.

The only intent of this blog is to alert,inform,and guide patients to prevent potential medical errors that can happen to them,by working with their health-care providers.

I am a board certified general surgeon,with formal training in peripheral vascular surgery,who also practicing primary care for more than 25 years.

At one time or another,I was involved in administrative functions of the medical staff of a couple of hospitals which belong to a major Health System in Southeastern Michigan.

I was chairman of surgical care evaluation committee,chairman of department of surgery and president of medical staff.

With the experiences mentioned above,I hope that I can accomplish my goal and intent.


No comments: